Please note: All measurements are approximate. Various makes and models of vehicles differ in size.
|Rear Door Size||W 1.29m x h 1.31m|
You can use a public weighbridge to check that your vehicle is the correct weight. This is particularly useful if you are carrying an extra load or hiring a vehicle to move large items. An overladen vehicle is dangerous and illegal.
If you hire a vehicle, for example for furniture removal, you are responsible for making sure it is within the correct weight limit. If you have a large or heavy load you should consider getting your vehicle weighed.
The charges and opening hours of the weighbridges vary from site to site. We recommend that you contact them to check before making a special journey.
To offer our customers the best rates but with the peace of mind that comes with being covered for unlimited mileage, breakdowns and insurance, we take a small deposit.
Get an instant quote or book online for a discounted price
Hire a Ford Custom, or Vauxhall Vivaro Van
- Real-world suitability
- This medium sized van is perfect for the tradesperson or the private hirer to move small amounts of furniture, such as a three seater sofa, double bed, and white goods such as washing machines and fridges. Side and rear access for ease of loading. Tie down points for load security.
- All vehicles come with a spare number plate and a trailer pin adapter* for the electrics on the tow bar.
- * When booking please specify which trailer pin adapter you require. All our vehicles come with an up to date adapter, but you may require another version if you are towing a slightly older trailer/caravan/horsebox (i.e. 13 to 7 pin adapter). You can request this in the 'notes box' when booking the vehicle.
- This vehicle can tow a 1600kg braked or a 750kg unbraked trailer. This figure is a combined total of:- Goods in trailer, trailer weight and goods on trailer.
Please note:- Not every medium van has a tow bar, please request at time of booking (there is a notes box to add your request).
- Safety features
- Driver Airbag, Manufacturers Alarm & Immobiliser, Remote Central Locking, and Manufacturers Bulk Head.
- Other features
- Stereo, Bluetooth, USB Port, Electric Front Windows, Height Adjustable Headrests, Cloth Interior, Plylined with Tie Down Points, Dual Passenger Seats,and Side Loader.
Driving Licence - Category B, if towing B+E
Required Age - 25 to 75 years of age
Full UK Driving Licence held for a minimum of 2 years
We care about what our customers think
The flexible hire option, you choose the duration of the hire period (3, 6 or 12 months), and state the mileage allowance you require. All you will need to do is insure the vehicle, and put fuel in it! We will do the rest, and we will keep you on the road 24/7. This is an ideal solution for new businesses, new employees or temporary staff, seasonal changes to your business, pre-contract vehicles (while your new vehicle is on order), or replacing existing/older unreliable vehicles. Let us run your fleet!
- No large deposit
- Payable in advance on a credit or debit card
- Road fund licence included for duration of hire period
- Servicing included
- Breakdown/recovery services included
- Replacement vehicle free of charge, if your vehicle breaks down and can not be repaired straight away
If you are a Limited Company ask about our Contract Hire packages.
In business and looking for a reliable, cost effective rental company? Look no further than Dorset Vehicle Rentals! The company has been build on providing high standards of service at competitive rates for many businesses with specific needs. At Dorset Vehicle Rentals, good service is what we pride ourselves in and that is why customers come back to us repeatedly.
Apply for a Monthly Account with us today, and email firstname.lastname@example.org
Why hire from Dorset Vehicle Rentals?
Take advantage of our unlimited mileage hire packages on our short term rental vehicles. Take any of our vehicles on a short term rental on a personal or business rental and you will benefit from our unlimited mileage packages. No matter how many miles you drive wheither in the UK or Europe we will not charge you anything extra. Please note if you are traveling with our hire vehicles in Europe additonal charges will apply (European Breakdown Cover and the VE103 Document - entitling you to take a rental vehicle abroad).
24 hour return policy
Take advantage of our 24 hour return policy on our rental vehicles, please check at time of vehicle booking/collection that the branch you are hiring from has the out of hours return facility. If returning a rental vehicle out of hours you make park (and lock up) the vehicle in the branch yard and put the keys through the secure letter box on the office wall making sure the keys drop into the box. If the keys do not drop into the box securely please telephone our out of hours number 08000 51 52 53. Please note the vehicle is the hirers responsibility until the vehicle is checked in by a member of staff the next available working day.
Full Breakdown cover
In the unlikely event of a breakdown, all of vehicles are covered by a breakdown service, provided by Run Your Fleet. This telephone number is on your Rental Agreement, issued when you collected your hire vehicle. The hirer is requested to stay with the vehicle (until recovery) and telephone 08001075867. The breakdown service will ask for the vehicle location, vehicle registration plate and they will confirm the make and model of vehicle with you. A replacement vehicle will be issued if your vehicle can not be repaired straight away, it is our intention to get you back on the road as soon as possible.
Which category licence is required to hire this vehicle?
Find out below which driving licence categories are required to hire this vehicle:
Cars, 4x4s, MPV's, and Light Commercial vehicles up to and including the maximum weight of 3.5tonne, and no more than 8 passenger seats.
Permits towing. Additonal hire charges may apply, and the consent of Dorset Vehicle Rentals must be given prior to the rental of the vehicle. Any trailer in excess of 750kg must be braked. Please note Dorset Vehicle Rentals insurance policy does not cover your trailer, or goods carried. You must check your driving licence to see that you have the correct category to tow.